How to Survive the End of the Semester

Hey, guys! This week I am feeling inspired by one of my favorite podcasts called Gals On The Go to share some tips for getting through these last few weeks of the semester. I know I am guilty of wanting to just be done and wishing it was Christmas break but you need to push yourself these last few weeks to finish the semester strong.

1. Plan your study time. 
Write in detail your study plans. For example: Make a study guide for history or Review economics Quizlet. I find this tip to be such a good way of breaking up your tasks. So often I find myself just writing things down like "Study for math test" when in reality that is a vague answer. If you have a detailed game plan of what you need to get done to study for that test, it makes it a lot easier to actually be productive and get the things done you need to do.


2. Find a study spot that works for you.
I know that for me my environment determines how much I'll get done. I am lucky enough to have a nice break during the week so that I can eat lunch and do some homework. I like to find a good spot in the library and plug in my laptop and phone, put in some earbuds, and get to work. Find a space that is comfortable for you. If you need silence, find a study room or quiet floor of the library. If you like a little bit of noise, find a coffee shop or go to the library and study there. Find what works for you. 

3. Create a digital to-do list. 
I find that in college your schedule and assignment due dates change a lot. Thus, I have gone from a strictly paper and pen planner to entirely digital. I keep a master list of every since assignment due date for the entire semester on a digital post-it on my desktop. Additionally, I have another post-it for a daily to-do list for things I need to get done like working practice problems or re-writing notes. I just find it easier to edit a digital list as well as always having it in front of me on my laptop desktop screen which motivates me to get things done. 

4. Give yourself a cut-off time. 
Don't overwork yourself by allowing yourself a break. I find it best if I treat school like my job. I allow myself to do work from whenever I get done with class or have a long break until like 8pm. After 8pm I stop doing schoolwork unless it is something that is due that evening. I find I sleep a lot better when I take some time to not be in my "working mode." I thoroughly enjoy my evening of just chilling and watching Youtube or Netflix before I go to bed around 10pm. 

5. Prepare the day before. 
I find my morning goes a lot smoother when I have things planned out. I always like to pick out my outfit the night before. Also, if I need to pack a lunch, I try to prep that for the week so I can just grab everything and put it in my lunchbox and go. The more prepared you can be ahead of time, the better. 





Comments

Popular Posts