5 Finals Week Essentials

Hey, guys, this week I wanted to share some of my finals week essentials with you. I feel like this is a much-needed post for myself this week since I am currently in that finals week grind. So without further ado, let's get into it.

1. Water--This may seem like a no-brainer but seriously drinking water helps your brain which helps you remember all the information you learned while studying. Plus, it keeps you hydrated which is always a good thing. My recommendation is to find yourself a good water bottle and carry it with you to class or the library or anywhere you go so you always have it available.

2. Snacks--In addition to staying hydrated, it is also important to fuel your body with some good food. My favorite study snacks are pretzels and peanut butter, granola bars, and fruit of any kind. Let me know what your go-to study snack is.

3. Music--Now I know this tip isn't for everyone since everyone learns differently. I can study and listen to music or a podcast pretty easily but sometimes it can be distracting. That's why I recommend classical music or instrumental music for studying. I find it is just the right amount of background noise for me but also helps me focus more. I love finding playlists of Spotify of instrumental or classical music.

4. Study Breaks--Now, I am a huge victim to taking long "study breaks" which are more like "unproductive breaks". I often find myself either studying to the point to exhaustion or not being able to focus at all. That's why my tip for you would be to give yourself a designated study time. For me, I like to give myself 30 minutes to an hour to solely focus on studying. If I am struggling to get through that time I give myself a 5-minute break where I close my laptop, don't look at my phone, and just close my eyes. I find this so helpful because it gives you a little mental break from whatever you are doing and isn't going to be a big distraction like checking your phone would.

5. Comfy Clothes--Finals week, in my opinion, is the best time of the year to break out your favorite sweatpants and cozy clothes. I usually wear sweatpants or leggings to every final I take but even studying at home as well. I find if I am comfortable I can focus more on what I am doing versus how I look.



Comments

Popular Posts